Sunday, September 23, 2012

Manifesto Ultimatum: Day 11

A book and a movie you love.




East of Eden is perfect.
James Dean for one thing. If you're kind of a fiend like me, then watching this movie will make your jaw drop at brilliance of the man. He literally is flawless and the rest of the cast is actually perfect too. But honestly, I could watch this movie a million times. The story is so good and when Cal takes the money that he made to his father and he rejects it? Saddest thing. Please watch it with me. Easily in the top three.




What's Eating Gilbert Grape is perfect.
I saw the movie first, and I when I found out there was a book, I promptly got my hands on a copy. I'm one of those weird people that likes to read the book of the movie, even if I've already seen it. Also, this is really my favorite movie but why would I blog about the book and the movie? Ugh, I probably would. But not today. Anyhoo, I read this book in one day. Guys, that's a big deal for me. Heavens knows I'm a book lover, but my brain is usually incapable of such a long time with the written word. I am Gilbert Grape. Besides his awesome hair. That's really all there is to know. Unless you've read it, I really can't talk about how good it is or else you just won't understand. Take my word for it.And Addy, if you're reading this, I need my book back.

Both of these make me feel human.

No comments:

Post a Comment